Edinburgo

Five days in an empty house
Never got to meet you
Only people with empty hearts
Whether to remain silent
I lay thinking
but I choose to write
Crucify me you shout
but there are no innocent
Not a single Croat civilian
nor you here in Edinburgh
We are blind
cos we were not seen
We are deaf
cos we were not heard
We are dumb
cos we were not spoken to
There is always another getaway
and the ignorance of priorities
Will you ever be satisfied?
Away
I fly faraway
but keep you close
like there were no seven seas
Come down from the cross
and stay no more blind
cos you will be seen
Stay no more deaf
cos you will be heard
Stay no more dumb
cos you will be spoken to
The Elephant House, Edinburgo, 14 de febrero 1996



0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home